"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Friday, August 14, 2009

Shall I Torture You???

Okay, I shall!

The year before we came to North Carolina, I went with Jason (then pregnant with Tyler) to Vashon Island, to my Sister-in-law's parent's house! Jon was out of town, down in Ocean Shores, doing some work for his boss' family, so I had nothing better to do, and a couple days at the island sounded like fun! Some of the Hawkins clan came with us too (my in-laws), and we ended up having a BLAST!! Mrs. Raymond (Beth's mom) baked these DIVINE rolls for us, that were so sweet and buttery, and I must admit I had about 3!!

Then Last year, we went for another visit to the island, and this time she split the dough before it rose, and used half of it to make these AMAZING deep-fried, Sugar covered pastries! I think I had about 5 of those ;) They were incredible! A couple months later, the Hawkins' girls and I decided to make a batch, so we called and got the recipe...but they didn't turn out all that great (oil was too hot). I was determined to make a good batch in the future though, now that I knew what to do.

About a week ago, we went to Golden Corral, and they had these SUPER moist and sweet rolls, called "Country Sweet Rolls", and I swear, they must have stolen Mrs. Raymonds recipe! I had 4 and I think Miriam did too...they were just SO good, and all the Vashon Island memories came pouring back! SO, we determined to make some a few days later.

We did, and I split the dough before it rose so we could make both the pastries and the rolls. Don't worry...they tasted even BETTER than they look, and they look pretty stinkin' good! Thanks, Mrs. Raymond!!!






(That shine is the butter...you cover them with it after they come out of the oven. MMMmmmm......)

No comments:

Post a Comment