"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Friday, September 10, 2010

I used to be afraid he would die young...

...now I have realize he is most likely a superhero that cannot die, but it is his lot in life to ALMOST die. Frequently.

First, busting his eyebrow open while we were in the Gibsonville house.
Next, tipping over the cart and landing on the walmart cement floor, on his eyebrow scar, therefore it swelling SO fast it burst open and blood was going everywhere.
Then, getting thrown by our family cow over an electric fence onto a pile of bricks where he punctured the back of his skull.
Then, stepping on a nail at the 1051 house.
Next, getting bit by a copperhead snake on his heel in THIS house, on a family walk down the road.
And now, THIS.

Oh...

So you'd like to know the latest episode in my little superhero's life saga?

Sure...






I had just informed Jason that we were going to Aunt Michelle's house, and he screamed so excitedly, and rushed out the door to get in the car. Coming to our glass porch door, he rammed it open, shattering the glass, and puncturing his hand in multiple places. He started screaming, and as I heard glass break, I thought it must've been a glass jar I had outside, and he got some in his foot or something. To my horror, he was holding his arm, and blood was flowing everywhere!

I quickly raised his arm, and squeezed as tightly as I could to stop the flow incase an artery or vein had been severed, brought him inside and called Jonny, and finally took a good non-panicked look at his wrist. I saw what you see up there, though it was a bit more gruesome in person. He has a 1/2 inch verticle slice into his wrist, and after I rinsed the wound, realized it had stopped bleeding. Seeing flesh deep in his arm, I could see a tendion on one side, and a vein/artery on the other...perfectly unharmed and intact.

PRAISE GOD!!

Two other places were pretty sliced up, and all fleshy and exposed (yeah...I probably could've passed out if I wasn't the only adult in the house), and 3 other nicks had glass in them still, which I removed, and cleaned up.

Janice arrived to bring cookies, but stayed to help me with the little boys while I removed the glass, and she helped distract Jason a bit too. I thank God he sent her at that moment, it was a lifesaver! Jon was still at work when I had called him, but got home in good time, and we both were just so amazed upon looking at his wrist that he didn't sever ANYTHING important (nerves, veins, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment