"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Monday, January 9, 2017

"What, Found your mittens? You lovely kittens! Now you shall have some pie!"

Winter has hit us hard here in NC, which means cracking out the snow gear thats been in the boxes at the bottom of the coat closet.

Suddenly we realized "Oh! No mittens..." you... naughty... kittens??? Not sure if I should blame them or myself. We had a few of those thin knit gloves but seriously...one touch in the white fluff DRENCHES them!

Nothing to do, but grab out one of my many bags of wool scraps from my biz days, and hit up Pinterest for some creative ideas on wool mittens.

As per usual...I liked 3 of them for different reasons so I made a hybrid!

How did they work? Well, I'll be honest...the girls' were made first and tested. Their little wrists shrunk in the cold (LOL! not really...), so their cuffs weren't tight enough. I didn't make the same mistake with the boys, so the girls will be getting mended to tighten the cuff and the boys should be happy little duckies! Or kittens. Ok, Enough of that 😆


No comments:

Post a Comment