"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My new diaper bag!!

On Thursday, me and the boys went out to breakfast with "Aunt Allyson", to Cracker Barrel! It was so much fun :) Unfortunately, once in a public place with my diaper bag, I suddenly became aware of its disgusting and ugly state. Quite embarrassed that people had to look at it on my shoulder, I promptly informed Jonathan that I need a new diaper bag, when we got home. He blew it off, and said I was trying to spend too much money.

I told him that I would look into making my own, with some leftover scraps of fabric, and pretty yarn. However, for the size of diaper bag that I need, I quickly realized that I didn't have enough fabric OR yarn for the project. Ugh. I did some online looking, and found out that Walmart had quite a few options for $10. Jonathan said ok, but I had to wait a couple weeks, just so I wasn't jumping into anything. LOL! Silly Jonny :)

SO, Sunday rolls around. We were serving in the nursery for church, and I hung up our diaper bag on one of the pegs. About 7 other kids came in, and we had a nice wall-full of diaper bags. When it came time to give the children back to their parents, and we started collecting diaper bags one by one, Jonathan suddenly gasped, and said, "HEATHER! Is that OUR diaper bag!??" I said it was, and he gave the most disgusted look I have seen in a long time, and QUICKLY took it off its peg, and then proceeded to ashamedly say how embarrassing it is to have such a gross looking diaper bag.

Guess where we went on Monday? WALMART!
Guess what we got? A NEW DIAPER BAG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment