"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Friday, August 27, 2010

Jason funnies

Ah, I know you are ALL longing to get pictures!

I am SO sorry it has taken me so long. I still have pictures from Abby's birthday AND Micah's birthday, back in July that haven't been posted! I am horrible, I know.

But, I wanted to post about a couple of funny stories regarding Jason

So.................

"Add some water"

We were at Michelle and Cyle's house on our "Thursday" visit. The guys all have men's group, so to ward off the lonely bugs, me and the boys always go to Michelle's house for dinner (we both pitch in), and to play "Ticket to Ride" and watch girly movies.
We had been discussing how she had been working with Nick and Zoe on their memory verses, and I said I would love to get the boys to memorize verses too! So, while Michelle was getting Abby ready for bed, I had all the kids sit at my feet in the living room, and told them it was time to memorize and recite bible verses! All the kids were SO excited!!

The second verse we worked on, was "If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; For you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you." Proverbs 25:21-22
Nicholas recited it BEAUTIFULLY! Zoe was able to recite the second half of each part, if you prompted her with the first part. Latching onto this method, I told Jason, "Now see if YOU can remember what comes next, and say it out loud."
"Okay" he said.
"If your enemy is hungry......"
"Give him food to eat!" Jason cried excitedly
"And if he is thirsty....."
First he paused, then with a classic *Jason Smirk*, and a *gotchya* finger pointing at me and wink, he said, "Add a little water"

SECOND STORY
I was going to pick up Michelle's kids for the afternoon/evening, so she could get some stuff done, and then when Cyle got home from work they could go on a date night, and pick up the kids afterward.
Unfortunately, our car can only safely hold 3 children in carseats/boosters at a time, so I had to leave my 3 boys at home with Timothy and Micah while I went to pick up her 3 little ones.

Jason was devestated! He wanted to go so badly, and was pleading and begging to let me take him. I finally said, "Jason, I want you to stop. I just CANNOT take you. I really want to, but I can't."
He said, "But Mo-om....the bible says that parents are Never supposed to leave their kids when they go places, and they are ALWAYS supposed to take their kids with them whenever they go places!"

Hmmm...sounds like we need to spend some more time with him in Proverbs........ ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment