"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jason's Salvation

I have been a little reluctant to tell everyone, just because of the sheer fact that its such a personal and intimate subject...plus all the facts always seem to get mixed up in my head, but I shall do my best to recount the story....

"In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." Luke 15:10

It was the Wednesday before the weekend me were to move. Rushing around organizing things, cleaning, and packing, I happened to walk out the back door to put something in the barn (it is adjoined to the house). I heard Jason by the animal stalls, singing. I started sweeping the back porch and steps, and listened to his little song.
"I love GOD...I love you JE-SUS...I want to ask you into my HEART...." These words caught my ear, and I paused to look at him. He saw me glance his way, and got immediately embarrassed and ran to me. I acted disinterested so he wouldn't be overly embarrassed, but he clearly was wanting me to know, as he said, "I was singing a song to Jesus, mom".
Curiosity got the best of me, so I said, "I heard! But, Jason, who told you that you are supposed to ask Jesus into your heart?"
"I can't remember really"
"Well, Did you know that you don't actually ask Jesus into your heart? The bible says that the Father God is in heaven, and Jesus is sitting at his right hand. And Jesus told us that he was going to go into heaven to prepare a place for us! And, Jesus said that he prays for us too. BUT, Jesus said that he would send up a helper...THE HOLY SPIRIT!"

Jason stood attentively to my every word, and his eyes sparkled with interest and understanding, so I went on....
"The bible says, that when we believe in our hearts that Jesus is the son of God, and confess it with our mouths, then we will be saved. We must ask forgiveness for all of our sins, and then ask for the Holy Spirit to come and live in our hearts. SOOOO....Jesus doesn't come to live in our hearts, but his Holy Spirit does!"

He was SO excited and started repeating back to me most of what I said, just to confirm what he was hearing was correct. He had a few questions that I answered to the best of my ability. All of the sudden, I could just hear the Lord say, "Heather, He's ready for me. He wants me."

"Jason, do you want to do that? Do you want to be saved?"
"YES" He excitedly said.
Sensing that this was a precious moment to be witnessed, I said "Jason, lets wait for Daddy to get home tonight, and we can talk to him some more about it, and he can explain more and then pray WITH you, okay?"
"Oh, okay!"

We spend the rest of the afternoon talking about God, Jesus, Salvation, Sin, Hell, Satan, and all things spiritual I guess you might say :)
That evening, Jason went to Jonny and said, "dad, I want to ask the Holy Spirit to come into my heart".

(Even now I just remember the quiet and beautiful peace of that night, and it makes me want to cry all over again....)

Jonathan took Jason into our room, and I followed a few minutes later, entering upon them as Jonny explained certain things in more detail, and finding that clearly, Jason KNEW. He knew what he wanted, he knew what he was asking.
We all three knelt next to the bed, and Jonathan led him in a sweet and precious prayer of repentance. Jonathan said, "Amen.", but Jason got quiet, then looked at Jonny and said, "But dad, I didn't ask the Holy Spirit to come live inside of me!" So, they quickly ammended that, after we tried not to laugh at our own silly forgetfulness, and marvel at Jason's understanding of what he was doing.

And I KNOW, I know, that the angels in heaven rejoiced at that moment with the Lord, because one lost soul had come home.

Praise the Lord :)

No comments:

Post a Comment