"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Friday, August 13, 2010

OH, did I forget to mention??

We have moved!
We are living out in the country still, but closer to Jon's extended family. We have moved onto a large farm with Jonathan's cousin, Snoball (i.e. Earl Wayne), and his wife Janice. They don't have any children of their own, and so we are kinda "subbing in" and hopefully can help them out with all of their responsibilities. They have accepted us AND all our goats and chickens (hee hee!) with open arms, and we are now renting one of their rental homes here on their property until we can find a bigger place (its a 2 bedroom trailer, actually).

What's so incredible, is I would never have accepted this as a blessing from the Lord while walking in his will, accept for the fact that I am coming from having NO toilet, NO automatic running washing machine, NO running water, and NO real stove and oven, and NO electrical outlets 'cept the ones down the road and across the road at the barn (And even there there was only one outlet free to charge things like Jon's cell phone and camera batteries.

This little home is turning out to be perfectly quaint and lovely, even with its flaws. Sweet Janice and Snoball insisted on getting me a cell phone, so I was added on to their family plan...and another perk is that Janice is a WONDERFUL cook!! I'm not sure if I should try and learn from her and steal her cooking secrets, or if I should just let her be the Queen around here, of good cookin' ;)

Well, I'll be posting pictures soon of this new place! I'll e-mail family and friends our new address and phone numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment