"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Monday, January 5, 2015

Scrapbooking


It's always a challenge creating each child's baby scrapbook.

After all, they will have this for the rest of their lives, as a window into the world we lived in at the time they entered our family.
All the creativity isn't an expression of myself...it has to be about that child...from colors, to format, to the pictures I do or do not put in.

Olivia's has been a challenge simply because life has been going a million miles per hour since she was born...even with the closure of my sewing business. 


Now I am staring at these pages, knowing I must get this done...before the sweet memories of what was, fades. Before I loose the sharpness of clarity in what happened in each of these moments...and interpret wrongly for my sweet baby girl what life was like these precious first moments with her.

I know that sounds super sentimental and I sound like a psychotic artist, but oh well. If I am allowed a good excuse for why this wasn't finished before her 1st birthday like the others, this is it! I have to sit here and put myself back to these moments in each photo...to take that trip down memory lane of 15 months ago, and wait for the inspiration and interpretation to come.

FYI it takes 10x longer than regular scrapbooking! LOL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment