"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Sunday, April 5, 2009

More on the puppy story....





Just to give everyone some details, here they are :)

We brought the puppy and kids into the church, and immediately a flock formed to see it, and ask questions. A man who has recently moved here to NC came over and asked if he could check it out after learning we found it on the side of the interstate (someone obviously dropped it , or threw it out of the car, or something). I asked if he knew about dogs (assuming he might be a vet), and he told us that he worked in El Paso, TX, in a rescue organization! How amazing is that?

He said that in his opinion, the puppy is a mix of german shepherd, and some sort of boxer/bull dog, and is probably about 6 weeks old. He was severely dehydrated and deathly skinny, so we got him some water, and Bonita (the pastors wife) said we could use a box from the kitchen for him, so Jonny cut a hole in it, closed up both ends, and we placed the puppy in the truck bed of the man who worked at the rescue place.

During church, I felt really guilty about pushing Jonathan to let me pick it up, so I prayed that the Lord would cover my mistake, and let everything work out according to his will. If He wanted us to keep it, I asked that he give Jonathan a peace...and if not, that I would go ahead and call the rescue place here, and turn him in to get taken care of (he has lots of fleas, a few ticks, and probably has worms/parasites of some sort).

So, I apologized to Jonathan for not submitting to his authority and wisdom, and if he would forgive me, and that I would do whatever he thought was best. He said that we probably shouldn't keep it right now, so I resolved in my heart to not get attached.

He goes out to the man's (Larry) truck, while I talked to Jason's teacher a little, and some other moms, on my way to get some more water for the puppy from the kitchen. By the time I get outside, a crowd has formed, and Larry is giving Jon his phone #, and talking about what our next steps should be. Huh?? I looked at Jonathan, and realized how everyone was acting, and realized that this puppy somehow has found his way to Jonathan's heart :)

Well...not really. More like, Jonathan is a pushover dad sometimes, and Jason and Tyler were in love with the little thing, and he realized that maybe God DID just put this puppy in our lives for a reason.

So, now we are home. With a little boy puppy! Tyler played with him for about an hour, and now is napping...and Jonathan and Jason are out getting "emergency supplies" for the puppy, and I am here, writing this as "Sebastian" is out in our yard, tied to my makeshift clothesline "dog run" in the yard. Who knows what's next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment