"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tyler's Chubby Finger





Well, Tyler got stuck today, in our dishwasher tray.

I was doing dishes, when he started crying, and I realized his two fingers (pointer and middle) were stuck in the small plastic squares of the nipple/cap holder of the dishwasher. I applied soap, thinking that would lube them up enough to come out, and the pointer finger was able to come out.

Unfortunately, his middle finger wouldn't budge, was turning purple, and getting more swollen by the second, as he kept yanking and yanking on his finger to try and get it loose :(

Then, the plastic started cutting into his swollen knuckle, and with the soap getting into the wound, that just made him scream all the more!

I really couldn't see any way out of this one (literally), so I got out a knife, thinking I might be able to saw through the white plastic. Yeah, that didn't work, and I ended up knicking his little finger with the knife...(way to go, supermom...) that poor little boy!

So, I told Jason to go get my cellphone, and I called 911, and told them the situation. They got all the info, were SUPER nice, and said they would be out in a couple minutes. At that point, I realized my surroundings...there was 6-foot-tall pile of laundry on the couch, the dishes were a mess, I had dangerous items all over it seemed, and to top it all, Tyler's diaper was stinking (not poopy...just wet), and Jason was naked waist-down because he had had an accident, and stripped!! AH!

Thank goodness it took them a good 5 minutes to get here, as I was able to dress Jason, put a movie on for the boys to calm them down, get Tyler his bottle to make him stop screaming (all with this big long white thing stuck to his little finger), close the dishwasher, throw the laundry into my room, and close all doors to the dirtier rooms in my house, before they arrived :)

Jason was THRILLED when the firetruck and police cars drove up with their lights flashing!! Sometimes, its not that bad for little boys when their brothers have an emergency situation, I guess ;)

SO...about 6 guys were all standing in my living room...and Tyler was SO well behaved! He just sat there staring at the man who was working to get him free. That poor man....he had a bunch of tools around him, trying to figure out which one to use on this thing, to get Tyler free. He finally was able to clip away some of the plastic pieces around Tyler's finger, to get a better view of the actual square he needed to "operate" on :) Another fireman helped push Tyler's finger out of one corner, as they clipped it 3/4 of it off, and then were finally able to clip it all the way, knowing for sure that it wouldn't knick Tyler from that angle...

And he was free!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment