"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Jonathan's Moment of true "MANHOOD"

This is Jonathan. Eating his groundhog.
Incase anyone is interested in the details, here they are: Jonathan stated to a friend of ours that he wanted to sample all those "animals" that everyone says they would never eat (Coyote, groundhog, beaver, squirrel, etc.). Well, Jonathan had talked to the right person, that could grant his wish! Our friend trapped a groundhog for Jonathan, and last Sunday brought the whole thing to church in his trunk! :) Joy.
So, as we are driving home, Jonathan informs me that we have a dead groundhog in the back of our car, and we have to get home so he can butcher it, and eat it. "AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" Ok. I kinda got mad, I have to admit. Nobody really wants a dead animal in their trunk.
We got home, and Jonathan proceeds to butcher it in the backyard. After I cooled down a little, I went outside with Jason, and we helped him butcher it (If holding a paw so he can skin it better is considered helping....). Tyler was napping, so I left to go make sure he was ok. Next thing I know, Jonathan is in the kitchen with this.......meat. He froze some of it in baggies, and then proceeded to cook the rest.
This is the end product! By the way, the boys probably together ate more than Jonathan...and Jason wouldn't eat the dinner I made for them until he finished his "groundhog".
(This is what I have to look forward to for the rest of my life....living with boys)

No comments:

Post a Comment