"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Inside the House

Here is the tour of our house that I promised AGES ago! :)

~OUR BEDROOM~


Wood panel ceiling, fancy fan/light fixture, Walk-in-Closet with storage shelves, Brick fireplace walls, Bedroom door


Walk in Closet, Window facing the "backyard" towards the pasture, barn, and sheds


Our Bed and Dressers...sorry for the mess, but I didn't feel like making sure the house was spotless before I took all these pictures. Plus with 6 toddlers around, nothing is clean for longer than 10 seconds anymore! ;)

~BOYS BEDROOM~


Wire toy cube shelves, My rocker for feeding Micah, foam alphabet puzzle mat. Nicholas had a sleepover, so that is his bedding there :)


The boys' beds...Jasons toddler bed, Tylers pack-and-play, and Micah's crib. Don't you just love the cloudy sky-painted walls?? I wish I could take credit for them, but they are from a previous tenant :) The lower part of the wall is wood paneling.


Their door is mesh wire and wood...to help with heat and cooling circulation during the winter and summer months. There only 2 air conditioning units in the house, and 1 fireplace downstairs...so the boys' room would either be freezing full-time in winter, or a sauna in Summer, if it had a solid door. The fans circulate the air downstairs and upstairs to maintain the temperature everywhere.

~STAIRS~


This is so funny! No..its not your eyes...the upstairs hallway floor slants down to the right. Funny, huh? Anyhow...that is the boys' door on the right, and our door on the left. The walls are a beautiful spattered brownish redish tan color, and there is a chandelier above the stairs that I forgot to capture, oops!


Our Semi-spiral staircase! It is really narrow and steep, but I love the plush shag rug! It has a handle bar going down, but Jon put some temporary rails up to prevent the boys from falling down up higher. Sorry for my mess under the stairs...those are all my sweaters for woolies :)

~NEW DINING ROOM~


This used to be our living room, but as we need more space for a larger table, and a cozier/warmer spot for a living space, we swapped all the furniture into the breakfast nook (my favorite room in the whole house!), and the computer and table and buffet/cabinets are now in the old living room space. We don't have a dining table yet, but will hopefully have one by this weekend, as Jon is taking me shopping either Friday or Saturday...yay!!


We need an extension for our internet wires, so the desk can reach the corner...so this is a temporary set-up. That window faces the front yard and rock paths


The mantle is from the 1850's...the original one that was built when our house was! How cool is that?! Now there is a gas stove in front of the blocked fireplace, but we don't use it as its MUCH cheaper (and way funner) to have the wood stove.
You can see the front door on the right there, and the rockery on the foyer floor section.


Entryway/foyer, and kitchen! Lizzy and I just finished that door pillow cylinder-looking thing on the ground :) It covers the cracks below the door so we can conserve heat. They are SO fancy! I can't believe we made them still...

~NEW LIVING ROOM~


I love this room! It is bright, yet has dark burgundy walls with white trim. I just finished all the curtains, and the room looks so much more complete now! Except...its messy...sorry guys!


A better view of the setup. There are windows on 3 sides, but one side has a wall-length and half-wall-width mirror on it. It makes the room so bright, and seem twice it's size!


This is my new sewing corner! We reduced our small kitchen table to a round, and now I have a permanent working space! Yay! I sewed covers for both these chairs too, don't they look nice? I love how they match the walls! You can see a bit of the big mirror to the right there..

~THE KITCHEN~


The bar overlooks our living room there. Again, sorry for the messy house. EW! That mirror needs a good cleaning too! Its nice to have the mirror by the sink though, as it doesn't face a window.


The door to the bathroom, our stove with my "art" as a splashboard, solid wood kitchen floors, etc...


Back door (we are ALWAYS using it instead of the front), Fridge with my huge new (new to me) microwave on top :) And another door pillow there


That is our pantry door. I guess it and its handle are also 1850's original. Don't you love the bright and variety of colors in the kitchen? It makes life so much more fun and artistic for me. Its not really that peachy as the picture seems...its a softer hue, and blends wonderfully!


See, that is better! Isn't it a pretty color? This is our wood stove. The last tenant (artistic lady) actually made our wood stove! She took a cast-iron saudering class or something, and built the stove! Pretty impressive. The rockery is so pretty too! So far we haven't had many bumps and bruises from it, thankfully! And its a good "line" for Micah to know how far to stay away from the stove.


Isn't this woodwork lovely! This is the shelf above the toilet, in the toilet room.


And our lovely toilet and potty chair! Tyler is making great success with potty training lately...I think Zoe has been a good influence on him. He is still wearing dipes, but asks multiple times throughout the day if he can "go potty". Its great :)


Okay, you see that blue wall there on the right? That is a "Heather's Solution". See, we have a wall of *artistic* drawings that were decoupaged onto the wall, that have sentimental and historical value. I was not ABOUT to let them remain visual in my bathroom, so VOILA! I took a nice sheet, and cut out a hole for the window, and stuffed the edges around the woodworks walls and ceiling :) It actually does look good, despite what it is. I don't think anyone has guessed it was a sheet covering, yet.


This beautiful wood cabinet is in the toilet room, facing the toilet. Our water heater is behind the big panel up below.


This is our HUGE bathroom window, facing the driveway/garden field...that is why I made curtains for it too. I have my ironing board setup in this part of the bathroom (the BATH part).


Our beautiful white clawfoot bathtub!


Our pedestal sink, towel shelves, and mirror cabinet. The Bathroom door is JUST to the right there.


And to the right of the bathroom door (in the bathroom still) is my washer and dryer. If I was to pan a little more to the right, you would see the doorway into the toilet room. Jason cut his finger, and was waiting on a bandaid :(

No comments:

Post a Comment