"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Thursday, October 30, 2014

DoodleTie Tops™?

Well, I admit, its a VERY silly name, and not at all easy to remember or searchable, but since I eventually would have liked to sell the pattern on Etsy, I figured it should be original! :)

I had a sweet family member make me a similar dress for my baby girl when she was born, so I perfected the pattern for a newborn size, and then a toddler size! A sweet friend did a swap with me, and was able to give me some tips on size with her baby girl...and then my niece was able to test another one, so we FINALLY got the sizing down, yay!
    As for the other styles you may have seen...these are all just random creativeness, in the spirit of upcycling! I first had some scraps of fabric, so I made a couple shirts for my newborn baby girl...but then she popped out 8lbs 7oz and was to chubby for them, haha! So, a couple of them became baby doll dresses, and one is in my daughter's baby memory box ♥


 I had a friend that asked me to make her daughter some DoodleTie™ Tops as a birthday gift, and that was SO much fun! They were a very simple design, but one I didn't perfect any pattern for, I just winged it, lol! How's that for a lack of shareable creativity, eep! ;)

There is SO much you can do if you just put your mind to it!
All of the DoodleTie™ Tops are designed to adjust  which also allows for versitility when it comes to layering tees and pants with these cute tops in the cooler months! They are long enough for a summer dress, but short enough to allow movement and play with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment