"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Christmas is Coming...

~SO, who wants to hear what this "Pioneer wife" is MAKING her children for Christmas??~


1) Chalk Roll
*A placemat-sized piece of cloth, that has a ribbon sewn on, to roll up and tie...therefore making it portable and usable in the car, doctors office, church, home, anywhere! It has a built-in pocket, for the mini eraser and pieces of chalk....and most importantly...the top is made out of this amazing stuff called chalk cloth, or chalkboard vinyl! Your child can write away to their hearts content, and it is just like a regular chalkboard!!

I will be ordering a yard of chalk cloth if I can't find it locally, and then I will make one for each of the boys!


2) I Spy Bag
*A large beanbag of sorts. The front has a "window"made with clear vinyl. Filled with Poly pellets, and tiny trinkets and buttons. Before filling your bag with them, lay them all out and take a photo. Laminate it, and punchole it, and feed a ribbon through the hole. When you are done filling and sewing up the bag, sew the ribbon onto one edge. Your child will then know what they can find :)



3) Bath Crayons
*Recipe:
1 cup grated Ivory Soap
1/4 cup warm water
Food coloring
Plastic Cookie cutters/molds of your choice/ice cube tray

Mix everything together until it starts to stiffen, then knead like dough (Veggie oil was suggested to keep the food coloring from staining your hands while kneading).

Place in molds, then put molds in fridge for 10 minutes...then remove and let sit overnight to fully harden.



4) I spy quilts
*Small homemade quilts, with various squares that are covered with small odds & ends/toys/trinkets/animals, and backed with a favorite fabric. When you want to play "I spy", just pull out the quilt, and play "I Spy" with all the objects on the fabric squares

We will be raiding Walmart's fabric scraps/remnants, for the actual squares, and for Tyler, the back of his quilt will have train tracks (so we don't need to buy him a train mat).
For Jason, the back of his quilt will be a boyish cute print sheet from the thriftstore (we will let him pick out his favorite :) )



5) A Solid Wood Toybox
*We have lots of wood around our property, so I am collecting enough (well...having Jon collect it FOR me...) to make a box. Most likely, Jon will end up getting fed up with my lack of carpentry skills and take over, but at least I can try, right?



6) Cookin-Eatin Aprons
*Dont worry...they will be as masculine as possible :)



7) Stuffed Animals
*I am gonna get a big bag of Stuffed animal stuffing, and crochet a set of little animals for Micah. I love making up your own patterns. Once you know how to crochet a ball, you're set to make all sorts of little creatures! I just finished a penguin for him, which I'll take a picture of and post it later (Camera troubles...*sigh*)

I NEED TO GET STARTED NOW!!!!!!!!!! This might be a little ambitious, but there are priorities, and if most of the things get made/done, I'll be happy :)

1 comment: