"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Heather's creativity







This is our new stove "splashboard". I told Miriam I was gonna do it, but it was kinda just me spouting silly options. But everytime I looked at that wall, I really could envision this piece of rustic log-cabin artwork!

So we went on a family outing into the woods to pull out dead trees and cut up firewood, and I gathered a board, and some good-sized sticks to make my project. Oh, and a couple pinecones that are beautiful...but all but 2 of them got smashed by a couple toddlers that I shouldn't name.....

I measured the stove, and cut the board to size. Then I snapped and sawed the pieces to be appropriate lengths, and put one nail through each one, to the board. I then hot-glued the pinecones on, and nailed it to the wall where I wanted it (Its SO heavy by the way!). I was so proud of myself for completing another successful project!

I told Grace the other day, I usually try things, they flop, and then I get discouraged from trying out my creative side. I am on a roll now, and I am starting to get a little over-ambitious I think (take a gander at my proposed Christmas presents for the boys, lol!)


No comments:

Post a Comment