"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The "I Spy Quilt"

So, this is kinda cheating, since this is a Christmas gift...but oh well :) I CAN'T STAND TO KEEP IT TO MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!

This was done in RECORD time baby, record time. I started it this morning around 10am, and finished it TOTALLY around 8pm. How cool is that?
So, here's the story. I found this sweet mama on Etsy, who was selling a boys scrap pack of 50 pieces. I messaged her, asking her opinion if this would be good for an "I Spy Quilt" I wanted to make for my son for Christmas. She so sweetly wrote back, and said that SOME of the scraps would be good...but that she would take some other scraps she had, and put together an "I Spy" set for me, for no extra charge! I didn't get to see all the fabrics, but I knew I was getting a good deal :) So, for a total of $7.40 (including shipping), I got the set! Yay! It is so cute, and I am so thrilled at all the novelty pieces! Altogether, I think she sent me about 72-75 pieces!!!!! Isn't that so neat!? I am so excited.

For the back, I used a flat crib sheet (it isn't fitted on one end...go figure) that is useless to me, and is GREEN! Perfect for drawing train tracks all over!!!!! That project will be for tomorrow though :)
~~~~~~~~~~
Tacking the quilt...here are the layers.


Finished tacking...here is the back..


Voila! Its done!!! (Click on the pictures to see the pieces up close)






1 comment:

  1. Have I mentioned lately how amazing you are? I can't believe you did all this. You've turned in to quite the crafty person. : ) I love you and miss you SO much!


    Grace

    ReplyDelete