"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

"We kiss the sweetest of Snickerdoodles, and teach the fragile Butterflies how to fly..."

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Jon's Buck

Yesterday, Jonathan decided to go out hunting in the snow...although he didn't seem to really think he'd get anything, he just wanted to know what the deer were doing in the snow (if they bed down, move around alot, etc..).

After about and hour or two, we heard the gunshot. Jon only had one bullet, so we knew he'd be coming back in just minutes whether he shot something or missed. I saw him walking up the road, and was so disappointed. I guess I expected him to be bare-chested, dragging a big deer up with the gun over his shoulder...lol!!

Timothy came to look out the window, and I said, "I don't think he got one, he's going too slow and sulky". Timothy said, "Yeah. Well, wait...he's looking down too much. That means he's trying to hide his face! I bet he got one, cause he knows we'll be watching, and he doesn't want us to see his face."

Sure Timothy..........whatever.

As Jon came to the window, he looked at me, and then I was convinced...he had a DEFINITE twinkle in his eyes, then a huge grin on his face, and he nodded his head. I guess Timothy really knows his brother!!!!! :)

We all got flashlights, as it was dusk, and went out with the wooden wagon down the road. Jonathan "fixed it" so Jason would find the deer first, which was a HUGE highlight for him! It was a 4x4 buck! Jonathan has been on cloud 9 since then!

Here are some pictures......














No comments:

Post a Comment